Thursday, August 2, 2007

Tired

Kathie is surrounded by love: Eileen, Melissa, Lynette and the precious children of the latter two (Melissa's son and Lynette's girls).

I stand corrected on the Avastin - it was an "allergic" reaction, but different from the ones that they (the staff) has encountered before... she said she got "flushed" but also mentioned that she could use some color, so she wasn't sure it was really a bad thing;)

There's a bunch of technical jargon for why Kathie is tired... long of the short of it - she has enough iron, but the red blood cells are small (or something like that) and not everything is connecting quite like it should be.

She's all about the naps this week, but has also managed to get out of the house to... *gasp*... go shopping;) I think when she doesn't want to shop anymore, we'll know it's serious.

Hopefully, it remains a slow news week.

Posted by Lauren

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Kathie dear,

Kudos to both kids for keeping us up to date...you are doing a great job and I am sure it must get tiresome. Kathie, I just had to tell you my friend Joanie (our kids' godmother) called me last night and read to me from the St. Tom's bullitin (our parish) that Edna's friend Pam Morosovich (sp?) has requested 2 masses a week for you for "your complete and total recovery". Imagine: a total stranger! Pam was probably trying to help Edna feel better, and came up with this...I think it is so special I am going to call Pam and thank her myself. So the prayers just keep growing...

We have been thinking of you all week with your chemo and hope it goes smoothly. I am so glad to read you are going shopping: you go Girl! I felt I had truly recovered from my stroke when I went to Babies r us and bought stuff for our grand-baby! Just so you won't worry about me, I am feeling great and getting most of my strength back. Only 3 weeks to go for our baby...I'll call you from NYC with the news!

Love and Hugs, Lainey