Kathie is still suffering from some "exit" problems that are causing a less than pleasant sitting experience. She said something so funny about it the other day that it made Lynette and Lauren cry, but has been banned from being posted - so just know that her sense of humor is not waning (spelling?) at all. In order to improve the sitting experience, Lauren has been looking on sites such as lovemybubbles.com and feelfoxy.com at "butt enhancing underwear" - that's right folks - you really can buy anything online. The underwear comes with a little padding to give you that "junk in the trunk" look... or in Kathie's case, avoiding a concave appearance. It's like having a donut in your pants - but it's not your grandmother's donut anymore... it comes in the shape of molded buttcheeks in memory foam or silicon. Will the options cease? One of the Canadian sites makes a pair of underwear that has 2" thick padding - anyone need to feel like JLo? Let me know and I'll give you the site;) But seriously, it will hopefully make sitting a bit better and more comfortable... I don't think she'll be taking it for a test run at the clubs like the rest of the people who frequent such sites.
The cute bald woman (as Lauren's circle of friends occasionally calls her) is not so bald these days... she's gaining just a bit of white hair back - which I'm sure will return to the natural red we all know she still has. The good news is that it is coming in thick too. I don't think it will be making an appearance in public in the near future, why waste a good wig?
Lauren, Lynette and Kathie had plans to go see The Bee Movie shortly after Lynette arrived on Saturday, but all three of the ladies were pooped (no pun intended for once) and decided to "nap" instead. The first half hour of the nap consisted of the lovely ladies crying from laughing as they snuggled up together in Bob and Kathie's bed... and after protests from Lynette to actually be allowed to sleep, the last half hour was spent completely passed out. Lauren was so out she woke up to find her ear folded over - ouch. Mostly, Lauren and Lynette tried not to attack each other or Kathie with their Mexican food breath.
They were roused by Bob and reminded that they had dinner reservations at a schmancy restaurant - and had 10 minutes to get ready;)
Dinner was amazing. After dinner, Lynette and Lauren parted ways with Kathie and Bob. Lauren and Lynette were put in charge of deciding on some things for how to stage the house to put it back on the market while Bob and Kathie went to play their last hand of couples bridge in Lafayette. Who do you think had more fun? Bob and Kathie busted up the whole group - just kidding, kind of. Seems like everyone in their group is going on to bigger/better... or just different things. They had a going away cake for Bob and Kathie and also gave them a beautiful book on Indiana. We are so blessed to have so many wonderful people around us.
Lauren and Lynette mostly made lists of ideas for the house - we'll see what actually happens. Sunday, however, turned into a packing day as Lauren's room was pillaged... okay, that's a little drastic. A lot of stuff was packed up to - by Lynette mostly. Kathie laid on the bed as Queen, directing her minions and Lauren took things off shelves but was hesitant to suffocate them in a box;)
Tomorrow starts chemo again. Hopefully this round will go a bit better.
Posted by Lauren
Sunday, November 11, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hi Lauren,
It's me, Elaine Burdick. I have somehow lost your personal email, so will write here. Kathie called last week and we had a wonderful long talk, interrupted by Bob calling twice, unable to believe we were STILL having the same conversation!! Well, it's US, Bob! I told Kathie and want to tell you (the calendar queen!) that my life will calm down after the holidays and I would be free to come and stay with Kathie. I have a huge wedding for (and I am not kidding about this) an Olympic Gold Medalist in Dec. which I am already prepping for, company for Thanksgiving and Christmas and have been feeling terrible that I have been unable to help. From our conversation, it sounds like February is when she needs help next and I am available. So...I wanted to get that info to you in case Kath forgot. My email is elaineburdick@hotmail.com and my phone is 269 343 3325 so let me know what you and your family decide.
Your work on the blog keeps us all feeling connected to your whole family who we love so much...and your senses of humor make us all laugh...I can hardly wait to see you all.
Love, Elaine
Post a Comment