Friday, January 11, 2008

Kathie hates to read (but not letters)

So, the good news about Kathie's blog is that she doesn't really read it;) Why is this good you may ask? Well, it gives me an opportunity to tell you about a little project I'm planning... if I can keep my ducks in a row at school...

At Jeannie's funeral last year, the priest made a comment that stuck with me... due to the beautiful notes written by Dave and his girls, the priest had suggested to all of us that we take the time to write a letter to someone who we hadn't spoken to in awhile, or who might enjoy receiving a letter. Well, I thought about how maybe this could be done on a larger scale and for a different purpose.

So here is the plan. I would like to create a little scrapbook for Kathie with pages made by her friends. I figure the pages could include a letter or a favorite memory about/shared with her and maybe some pictures (older ones would be even better! :) ) This serves or can serve 2 or so purposes:

1) It can show her how important she is to all of you and give her a little more edge to keep that fighting spirit... and hopefully can add a little laughter here and there - butt jokes can only go so far in keeping the humor up;)

2) It can be an opportunity to say things that we often wait to say until someone is gone

3) twenty years from now, when Kathie is gone, it can be a great book of memories of their mom for the kids, and a way to get to know grandma better for the grandkids.

How I would like to do this... I want people who would like to make a page to e-mail me with their name and address and I will mail out the scrapbook page and before the middle of February you would mail it back to me... the sooner the better. I would like it to be a Valentine's Day gift, maybe... but that might be unrealistic (for me to get it together with school), but we'll see what I do.

So clearly, you need to e-mail me ASAP if you are interested: laducharme@bsu.edu
E-mail me within the next week!

There is absolutely no pressure to do a page - I don't know who reads this anyway... but I didn't want to selectively mail out things to people and miss people who would have enjoyed the opportunity to be involved... and my plan to steal addresses from her address book over break failed miserably because of my lovely illness most of break.

So, clearly, this is an experimental project... but I'm hoping for the best:)

Posted by Lauren

No comments: